The choice of material (Chrome Vanadium), lever ratio and cutting edge angle mean that KNIPEX High Leverage Diagonal Cutters are specifially designed for the cutting of hard wires. Fixed, forged-on axle for work under continuous stress.
Requires 21% less effort
Cutting a medium hard wire of 2.0 mm dia. with a High Leverage Diagonal Cutter (length 160 mm) requires a handforce of only 293 N (29.3 kp) instead of 370 N (37.0 kp) with a common Diagonal Cutter of the same length.
- With forged-on axle for heaviest duty
- Suitable for all types of wire including piano wire
- High cutting performance with minimum effort due to optimum co-ordination of the cutting edge angle, transmission ratio and ergonomic handle shape
- Precision cutting edges additionally induction-hardened, cutting edge hardness approx. 64 HRC
- The 250-mm-long diagonal cutter is suitable for copper conductors up to 16 mm and aluminium conductors up to 35 mm
- Chrome Vanadium electric steel, oil-hardened and tempered